In collaboration with ITEFL Pronunciation SIG
GOING GLOBAL: SPEAKING, FLUENCY, PRESENTATION SKILLS AND PRONUNCIATION
Effective speaking revolves around developing overall oral fluency. In this section, learner goals for speaking, listening and pronunciation will be examined with the aim of raising learner and teacher awareness of the requirements in these areas for effective communication in an internationalized educational setting. The section is viewed as a platform for discussing and sharing hands-on experience and best methods and practices.
In your abstract, please make it clear how the audience can apply what you say to their own context. This is especially important if you are planning to describe a course or a project, and if your presentation relies heavily on a description of a local situation.
Teaching speaking in public
- Connecting listening and speaking
- Accent and Intelligibility
- NES and NNES teachers – advantages and disadvantages in developing oral fluency
- Assessment of oral fluency
- Techniques and materials for teaching pronunciation and public speaking skills