GUIDELINES FOR PRESENTERS
Before the Presentation
• If the presentation has embedded audio or video files with avi, .wmv, .wma, mpeg4, .mp3 file extensions, please make sure they are compatible with Windows Media Player.
• Presenters are advised to bring their presentation file in a portable format (USB/Flash Drive). Please send your presentation to the conference secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org to test and pre-load the PowerPoint presentation no later than on 20 November 2017.
During the Presentation
• The Chairperson of the session will introduce the name and the affiliation of each presenter and the topic before the presentation.
• The presenter can start the presentation after the introduction.
• The Chairperson will give a signal when 1 minute is left for the presentation. He/She will give another signal when the allocated time is over. The presenter has to stop the presentation when the second signal is given.
• The Chairperson will invite 1-2 questions from the floor.
• Do not exit your PowerPoint presentation until the end of the Q & A session.
If you are not able to fulfil your commitment, please contact the conference secretary at email@example.com
The poster should be kept to A0 format (841х1189mm).
The poster may be horizontal or vertical.
The text and graphics should be visible in 1 m distance.
The title should be formatted with no less than 60-point type and the text should have at least 20-point type.
The poster should contain more graphic information than a textual one.
The poster presentation, like a scientific article, usually contains all the sections such as introduction, methodology, results, discussion, conclusions, and references. You may also add acknowledgments to thank those who have supported your research. An average poster is considered to cover around 5 to 10 minutes of presentation.
We provide all the necessary pins, clips and sticky tape to fix your poster. You can also bring your laptop and use it if needed. All poster places are numbered; you can check your number in a programme. You should be near your poster all the time allotted to the poster section.
There are some more hints for a better poster presentation in Russian here (http://virtualcoglab.ru/poster_2015.html) and in English here (http://colinpurrington.com/tips/poster-design/templates).